Thursday, July 1, 2010

Common Sense Quotes Today

July 7th 2010
Europe will never be like America. Europe is a product of history. America is a product of philosophy.
[info][add][mail]
Margaret Thatcher (1925 - )
JULY 6, 2010
The genius of the United States is not best or most in its executives or legislatures, nor in its ambassadors or authors or colleges, or churches, or parlors, nor even in its newspapers or inventors, but always most in the common people.
[info][add][mail]
Walt Whitman (1819 - 1892)
 
In any war, the first casualty is common sense, and the second is free and open discussion

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
Thomas Paine, The American Crisis, No. 1, December 19, 1776
Founding Fathers Quotes

July 5th, 2010
Intellectually, I know that America is no better than any other country; emotionally I know she is better than every other country.
[info][add][mail]
Sinclair Lewis (1885 - 1951)
 The cause of America is in a great measure the cause of all mankind. Thomas Paine, Common Sense, 1776

Not all the treasures of the world, so far as I believe, could have induced me to support an offensive war, for I think it murder; but if a thief breaks into my house, burns and destroys my property, and kills or threatens to kill me, or those that are in it, and to "bind me in all cases whatsoever" to his absolute will, am I to suffer it?
Thomas Paine, The American Crisis, No. 1, December 19, 1776
Common sense is not so common. Voltaire quotes July 1, 2010

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.”    Hindu Prince Gautama Siddharta, the founder of Buddhism, 563-483 B.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listed in LS Blogs The Blog Directory and Blog Search Engine.